DC Power Extension cable for power supply with 2.1mm x 5.5mm size barrel plug.
Application: Commonly used for LED signage, CCTV security surveillance camera, security DVR, lighting, car, boat, monitors, printers, sensors, external hard drives, audio mixing and recording equipment, and more.
For 12 volt or 24 volt CCTV Surveillance Camera – Please check the plug size of the power adapter of your system. Many of the 12 volt and some of the 24 volt power supply uses 2.1mm x 5.5mm size plugs, but not all. Not recommended for 5 volt indoor camera system (very likely different plug size)
1. Plug Size – Please check your device by measuring the barrel plug of the power adapter. This cable will only accept 2.1mm (inside diameter) x 5.5mm (outside diameter) plugs.
2.1mm x 5.5mm plugs are commonly used for 9v, 12v, and 24v power adapter. However, not all such power adapter uses 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel plug. Please check the plugs size before purchase.
2. 20AWG – This cable is recommended for maximum load of 3 amp or less. For application such as multiple LED light strip/connection, that requires more amp a thicker gauge cable such as 18AWG wire is recommended. (The lower the AWG number, the thicker the wire)
3. Lack of Power – The longer the cable, the more resistance and power loss, and hence requires more power from power supply. From 20ft length and up, the power loss is noticeable.
Please make sure you have adequate power supply to use extension cable
***Disclaimer*** – This unit uses UL component (UL2468 cable) to ensure high quality product. However, the entire unit is NOT UL-listed nor is it UL tested.
- Hanvex 2.1mm x 5.5mm DC Plug Extension Cord, Male to Female
- Cable Specs – 50ft, 20AWG, UL 2468 (UL Component)
- Connectors – Female: 2.1mm x 5.5mm jack. Male: 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel plug. Spring locked tip for solid connection.
- For DC power – Recommended up to 36 volt, max load 3 amp or less
- This cable will only work with power adapter with 2.1mm x 5.5mm plug and not other sizes.