Model: Z83-F MINI PC
- [Dual Output]: Supports dual screen display via HDMI&VGA Ports, saving your time and improving your work efficiency. 4K ultra HD(UHD) video playback, delight in the seamless visual rush of 4K Ultra HD with crisp, life-like images.
- [OS & CPU & GPU]: Windows 10 Home 64-bit System, Intel x5-Z8350 Processor (2M Cache, up to 1.92GHz) and Intel HD Graphics Processor, awesomely fast start-up, seamless web browsing, multi-tasking compatibility. [Not suggested to install linux system]
- [Capacity]: DDR3L 4GB + 32GB System Disk + 128GB expanded memory via sd card (not included), achieving a lightning-fast and highly responsive user experience.
- [Multiple Connectivities & Ports]: 1000Mbps LAN + IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4G+5.8G WIFI + Bluetooth 4.0, providing exceptional connectivity capabilities. 1*Standard USB 3.0 Port; 2*Standard USB 2.0 Ports; 1*HDMI Port; 1*VGA Port, 1*RJ45 (1000Mbps LAN); 1*Headphone Microphone Jack; 1*SD Card Slot. [Please Note: NO “Mount Bracket Included]
- [Support Auto Power On After Power Failure.] [Reliable Warranty: 1-Year Warranty and 1-Month Money Back Guarantee; 24-Hours Customer Service and Technical Forum Available, any pre-sale or after-sale question about this mini pc, feel free to contact the Seller Support, will get back to you as soon as possible.]
Z83-F MINI PC Reviews
“a Terrific Value.. .If You Keep Your Expectations Within Reason! ”
DISCLAIMER: I am a engineer and software developer who purchased this unit for more complex purposes (linux server) than the original product description would indicate. If you’re purchasing this for more normal functions, this is a pretty good selection but just some of the things I outline below will apply to you. This review is geared more toward people like myself who wish to understand of a number of the more advanced advantages and disadvantages of the unit.What could I say about a $110 NUC? Well, it’s surprising nicely designed for starters! Its far from perfect, but for the cost it’s well worth the minor frustrations getting this up and running how I needed it (habit linux server). Nevertheless, I have a lot of expertise with this type of off-brand hardware and has been fairly ready for the apparent hurdles (minimal web presence and hardly any instruction, drivers, etc).PROS:@ The inclusion of 3 USB ports (2xUSB2, 1xUSB3) is ample for a miniature PC like this. @ The dual screen support via the VGA/HDMI vents is also very generous to get a mini like this. @ Comes with Windows 10 Home edition pre-installed! @ it’s properly configured to boot if there are no input devices (keyboard, etc) attached. @ Supports auto-boot following a power failure.CONS:@ Their support forum is almost bare. They dont have an official download section with things like drivers and BIOS updates. They claim to respond to requests for assistance within 24 hours, but that I didnt get support and cant confirm that claim. @ While they claim this supports linux, there has to be a large bold disclaimer to this: ONLY DEBIAN/UBUNTU LINUX IS SUPPORTED. I attempted multiple flavors of linux, FreeBSD, etc and could only get the Ubuntu Debian kernel to boot up. You also need to reflash the BIOS before you can install Linux in place of Windows. They do mention that only Ubuntu works in their forum (from the 1 post mentioning linux with this particular model), but the habit Ubuntu ISO they provide does not work (installs but crashed the first time you try to update it). It is possible to use any newer Ubuntu Desktop flavor you want, such as Xubuntu/Kubuntu/Lubuntu and other versions. Make sure you use the complete Desktop edition of the ISO to find the drivers that are needed. . .server variations of the ISO will NOT work. (I wanted only a waiter with no GUI, so that I loaded Xubuntu to be as light as possible and then handicapped lightdm.) @ It is often quite tricky to find the UEFI menus to look on boot. You need to use F7 IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Intel logo displays. The bottom corner will exhibit a small 92, followed closely by B4. It is during this stage you must press F7. If you miss it and press overly early/late, the POST will appear to hang it and it wont boot at all. Rather quirky bug, but only power cycle to try out again.That said, if you’re buying this simply to use Windows 10, you wont detect 99 percent of these issues and, even while a 1.92GHz Atom using 2GB RAM isnt likely to provide amazing performance for things such as games, everything will work just fine for you! I spent some time playing with it before wiping Win10 to set up linux and it appeared very stable. It’ll work from the box just like you would expect from a new PC.However, if you wish to do something much more innovative with this particular unit, be prepared to do some boring job (took me about 12 hours to receive a stable linux assemble installed)! They comprise a card from the box with their forum website address and you’ll need the (only) BIOS file they have posted there so as to set up Linux.